Signing up for GigSalad
Signing up on GigSalad is quick and easy! Joining GigSalad is the best way to increase your exposure and book more gigs. So what are you waiting for?
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Create an account
To get started, visit the Sign Up page and choose the Start Getting Gigs option. You'll be asked to choose a method for signing up. You can set up your account through Facebook, which will then link your GigSalad account to your Facebook account. This will make it easier to log in in the future. Or, you can choose the traditional route and provide an email address and create a password.
Next, you'll walk through a step-by-step process to start creating your PromoKit and finish setting up your account.
- Name: Your first and last name are collected for internal use only. They will not be displayed on your PromoKit or given to clients unless you choose to provide that information.
- Category: Your category determines how you are found by event planners browsing the site. We have over 550 categories on our site, so they are broken down into bigger parent categories to make them easier to browse. Choose the most applicable general category for your act or service, and then find the specific category you want. This will be your main category, which means it will be displayed at the top of your PromoKit and will play a bigger role in your placement in search results. Once your account is created, you'll be able to change this category and even add more secondary categories.
- Act or service name: This will be the title of your PromoKit, which will be used in all communication and final booking agreements with clients. It should be short and accurately describe your act or business. You will not be able to change this once you've completed your account, without contacting us. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing your act or service name.
- Location: Your location can be the actual city you live in or a larger city close by if you want to be more prominent in that market. You can change this at any time. This is what determines where you appear in search results, so choose wisely.
- Profile photo: The profile photo is the most prominent thing event planners see when browsing the site, so we require that you upload an image before you can complete the join process. Choose a high-quality image that works in both square and circle format (you'll be able to crop the portion of the photo you wish to use). Your profile photo cannot include text, contact info, or web links.
- Service overview: This is where you can briefly describe what you do and why event planners should book you. This section can be up to 700 characters long, and you can change or add to it whenever you like. Your overview should not include any web links or direct contact info.
- Phone number: You must provide (and maintain) a working phone number on your account. This information isn't displayed on your PromoKit, but it will be provided to your clients after they've booked you for their event. And GigSalad may use it to reach out to you when needed.
- Choose membership: To finish creating your account, choose a membership plan and enter your payment.
Once you've finished creating your account and made your payment, your PromoKit will be active on the site. You're not done yet, though! The signup process only collected the most basic information for your profile, so there is still more you can do. Spend some time going through the Edit PromoKit section of your control panel and add all the information that's relevant to your act. It's especially important to add photos and video showing off what you can do! The more thorough your profile is, the more professional you'll look to potential clients.
We have two levels of memberships you can choose from. The Featured membership is going to be your best bet for the best exposure possible. Featured members also get more leads! You can review the membership features and prices here.
Pro: $139 for 3 months / $229 for 6 months / $359 for 1 year
Featured: $169 for 3 months / $289 for 6 months / $479 for 1 year
All membership payments are paid up front. There is no automatic payment or renewal after your membership term expires. If you decide to continue at the end of your paid term, you will log in and follow a renewal process, providing new payment information.
The best value is to prepay for 12 months, but the 3-month option does give you a great way to test out the service and ensure you like it before renewing. At which time you can renew for another 3 months, or go ahead and get 6 months or a year.
All memberships are purchased using a credit or debit card through the secure payment form provided on the site. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
Frequently asked questions:
- Is there a free membership option?
We no longer offer a free membership option when joining GigSalad. However, if you try out one of our paid memberships and find it doesn't quite work for you at the price you paid, you can let the membership expire and remain on the site with a limited free listing. These limited listings have fewer features, less exposure, and a higher booking fee.
- Can I pay by the month, instead of prepaying?
We no longer offer a monthly membership option. If you'd like to test the waters a little without committing to a long-term membership, we recommend our 3-month plan. This way you can pay one low cost and not worry about keeping track of any recurring payments each month. Once the 3 months is up, you can decide whether or not you'd like to renew and continue with another 3 months or chose a longer membership plan.
- Can I have more than one profile?
You may purchase as many memberships as you'd like! If you provide a variety of services and you'd rather advertise them separately, multiple PromoKits is a great idea. Get started by completing your first one, and then once you're done you can go to your Account and create a new PromoKit from there. Learn more about multiple PromoKits.
Don't have multiple services to advertise but still want more exposure? You could purchase additional locations to duplicate your listing in other cities. You can learn more about multiple locations here.
- Are there any fees for responding to leads and/or booking gigs?
Responding to leads is completely free! We encourage you to respond to every lead, whether it's with a message, quote, or simply to decline the event.
We do have a small fee that is charged when (and only when) a gig is officially booked. Learn more about service fees.
- Can I get a refund if I no longer wish to use GigSalad?
If you aren't getting what you wanted out of your membership, we want to help you figure out why that is. We can't promise a refund in every case, but we'll happily go over your profile with you to see if there's something we can recommend to see if you can turn things around. We do understand that sometimes things just aren't a good fit, so we will be happy to issue refunds on a case-by-case basis. Just reach out to us so we can talk!
If you are not able to accept leads or book gigs temporarily, contact us and we can freeze your account so that you can resume your membership at a later date and use your remaining time then.