How to list your PromoKit in multiple locations
Locations determine where you show up in searches across the site. All search results on GigSalad are location-based, so choosing the right location (and travel distance) is very important. To increase your exposure, you may want to purchase more locations in order to boost your PromoKit in search results for other regions. When you purchase a location, your PromoKit will then appear in that location, in addition to your primary location. To the visitor, it will be as though you are located in whichever of your locations is closest to them.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Remember, many people use GigSalad to find local entertainment. Consider this before you add a location. You should be prepared to accept gigs in and around that additional city. Getting leads and having to decline them isn't going to be helpful to you or the event planner.
You can only purchase additional locations if you are a paid member with a non-recurring prepaid membership. Because of how additional location prices are calculated and billed, they do not support auto-renewals. So here’s what to do if you have one of the following memberships:
- If you have a recurring membership, you must cancel auto-renewal.
- If you have a monthly membership, you must switch to a prepaid membership. Switching to prepaid automatically opts you into a recurring payment, so you’ll then need to cancel auto-renewal.
- If you have a free membership, you must upgrade to a paid membership. Switching to a paid membership automatically opts you into a recurring payment, so you’ll then need to cancel auto-renewal.
Not sure what kind of membership you have? You can find your membership details in the Account Snapshot in your control panel.
Once your membership is prepaid without a recurring payment, you will be able to buy as many locations as you'd like.
The cost of an additional location is prorated based on the amount of time left in your current membership term, with an additional 20% off.
To buy a location:
- Log in to your control panel and go to Edit PromoKit.
- Under Lead Preferences, click Edit beside Location or choose it from the menu.
- Under Purchase an Additional Location, click Buy Another Location.
- Type in the city you want under "Choose your new location."
- Review the pricing info and use a saved credit card or input new credit card info.
- Click Complete Purchase.
Pro tip: Approximately 2-3 months before your membership expires is the perfect time to try out a new location. Because the cost is prorated, you will only have to pay a small fee but still have a couple of months to see if the additional exposure increases your leads.
Edit your locations
From that same page in your control panel (Edit PromoKit > Lead Preferences > Location), you can change your locations as needed.
To change your primary city:
- Where it says "What would you like your primary location to be?", type in the city you want.
- Click Save.
To change one of your additional cities:
- Click edit beside the city you want to change.
- Type in the new city.
- Click Update Location.
Remove a location
To remove a location, click edit beside the city you want to remove and then click Remove This Location. Keep in mind (and the page will offer the same warning), removing a location cannot be undone and will permanently remove your PromoKit from that city. There are no refunds for unused time on deleted locations.
Renewing with multiple locations
If you have multiple locations on your PromoKit at the time of expiration, your renewal cost will include your base membership fee (minus 10% if you renew before you expire) plus an additional membership fee (minus 20%) for each location. If you do not wish to renew all the previously purchased locations, you will need to go in and remove the ones you no longer want (see above).
Listing your PromoKit in multiple locations is a great way to get more exposure and increase your booking opportunities. If you'd like to discuss this option further or get help buying locations, contact us.