Changing the name of your PromoKit
Your act or business name is one of the only things that cannot be updated through your control panel. However, you can send a quick email to our Customer Happiness team and we can make the change for you.
What to do:
- Go to our contact us page.
- Choose "Update act name" as your reason for contacting us.
- In your message, include:
- the current name of your profile,
- and what you'd like to change it to — be sure you type it exactly as you want it to appear.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Your PromoKit name cannot include websites, email addresses, or phone numbers.
- You cannot use copyrighted names or titles within your PromoKit name. (i.e. "Disney" or Disney characters)
- Be specific. Don't use generic titles like "Face Painter" or "Photographer." If you don't have a unique business name, you can use your name or add your location (i.e. Boston Photographer).
- Your PromoKit name should not contain strange characters or be written in all caps.
- Memberships should not be transferred. If you are changing your name because you are starting an entirely new act or business, you should instead disable your PromoKit and begin a new one.
One last tip! Your PromoKit name is one of the first things potential clients are going to see, so choose it wisely. Keep it short, but descriptive. It should be unique to you, but not too difficult to remember. If you want help, just reach out to us and we'll be happy to give you some ideas.