Understanding your inbox (gig leads & messages)
All of your leads, messages, and bookings will be maintained through the Inbox in your control panel. This is where you'll manage your gigs and respond to clients.
Leads & messages
The default page of your Inbox will contain all your leads and messages, sorted by the ones with the most recent activity. This means if you send a message to a client from 3 days ago, that lead will jump to the top of your main Inbox page.
If you have unread leads or messages, you'll see several indicators throughout your control panel. There will be a note at the top of your Dashboard. You'll also see a number in parentheses beside "Inbox" in the main menu, which tells you the number of unread items. When in your Inbox, any unread items will be in bold with a red dot beside the client's name. If you'd like to see only your unread items, you can click "Unread" from the Inbox menu.
If you are browsing the site outside of your control panel, there will always be an envelope icon in the top right corner of the page that will take you to your inbox, and a number bubble will be present if you have anything that's unread.
Leads and messages that you’ve replied to will display an arrow beside the client’s initial. This arrow indicates that you were the last one to respond in that thread. Whether you sent a quote, message, or just declined the lead, it will be considered a reply. If a client responds back, the arrow will go away until you've replied again.
A status message will appear at the end of the row on each gig lead which will let you know the action that needs to be taken, or that has already been taken for that particular lead.
- Waiting on quote: This lead has not yet been quoted. You may have sent a message, but until you've sent an actual quote for the event, the 'Waiting on quote' status will remain. Use the replied-to arrow to determine if you’ve responded to the most recent message in that thread.
(Note: We are currently A/B testing an alternative to this status that actually shows if a message was sent and if it's been seen, so some users may see that instead.)
- Quote sent/seen: There is a quote currently active on that lead. This means you've sent a quote and the client has not yet booked it, but they still have the ability to book it.
- Quote declined: You sent a quote, but the client chose to decline it. The event is still available, so you can send a follow-up message or try sending a new quote.
- Quote expired: You sent a quote, but it has expired and the client can no longer book it. If you are still available and interested in the event, you can always follow up with the client to see if they've booked anyone yet or if they'd like a new quote.
- Booked: The client accepted your quote and you are booked for their event! Or, you marked this lead as booked.
- Declined lead: You chose to decline this event. If you change your mind, you can still open the lead to send a message or quote.
- Event date passed: The event date has passed, so you can no longer quote or book this gig. However, you can open the lead and send a message if you want to follow up with the client about a possible future event.
- No longer available: The client has already booked someone or no longer wishes to receive communication regarding the event. No further action can be taken on these leads.
Folders & filters
The main Inbox is where you'll see all the newest activity, including all leads, messages, and booked gigs. But sometimes you might find it helpful to see these things separately and sort them in a different way. This is where the various folders & filters come in. You can access the filters through the menu on the left (or in the dropdown on mobile).
All gig leads you've ever received will appear in this folder. By default, they'll be sorted by Newest, but you can also choose to filter them by Upcoming Dates and Past Dates.
This folder is a great way to only look at the leads you've booked. By default, they'll be sorted by Newest, but you can also choose to filter them by Upcoming Dates and Past Dates.
Messages cannot be deleted, but you can archive them so that they no longer appear in your main Inbox. To do this, check the box on the right side of all the messages you wish to archive. Then, click Archive Messages at the top of the message list.*
All of your archived messages can still be accessed by choosing Archived from the Inbox menu. They will also still appear with all other items in their appropriate folder. (For example, if you archive a lead from the main Inbox page, it will no longer appear in that list, but it'll still be included with the complete list of leads found in the Gig Leads folder.)
Pro tip: Use the archive feature to better manage your Inbox. Archive the messages you are no longer working on or need to reference so that your Inbox will only include the leads you need to respond to or are waiting for a response on.
*The archive option is only available when logged in on a desktop computer. You cannot archive from the mobile site.
Clients will pay both the deposit and balance in one payment through GigSalad when they accept your quote and book you. GigSalad will then process their payment and send the deposit prior to the event and the balance after. The Payouts section of your Inbox will show a list of these payouts, sorted by month. On each booking, you'll see the payout amount and status (pending or sent) for both the deposit and the balance.