Understanding your inbox (gig leads & messages)
All your leads, messages, and bookings will be maintained through the Inbox in your control panel. This is where you'll manage your gigs and respond to clients.
All Messages is the primary page of your Inbox. This is where any new items you receive will appear. They will be sorted by most recent according to activity, meaning whichever was received or updated last will appear at the top.
If you have unread messages, you'll see several indicators throughout your control panel. There will be a note at the top of your Dashboard. You'll also see a number in parentheses beside "Inbox" in the main menu, which tells you the number of unread items. If you are browsing the site outside of your control panel, there will be a small purple dot over the top of your thumbnail photo in the header if you have unread messages. When in your Inbox, any unread items will be in bold with a red dot beside the client's name.
Leads and messages that you’ve replied to will display an arrow beside the client’s initial. This arrow indicates that you were the last one to respond in that thread. Whether you sent a quote, message, or just declined the lead, it will be considered a reply. If a client responds back, the arrow will go away until you've replied again.
A status message will appear at the end of the row on each gig lead which will let you know the action that needs to be taken, or that has already been taken for that particular lead.
- Waiting on quote: This lead has not yet been quoted. You may have sent a message, but until you've sent an actual quote for the event, the 'Waiting on quote' status will remain. Use the replied-to arrow to determine if you’ve responded to the most recent message in that thread.
- Quote sent: There is a quote currently active on that lead. This means you've sent a quote and the client has not yet booked it, but they still have the ability to book it.
- Quote declined: You sent a quote, but the client chose to decline it. The event is still available, so you can send a follow-up message or try sending a new quote.
- Quote expired: You sent a quote, but it has expired and the client can no longer book it. If you are still available and interested in the event, you can always follow up with the client to see if they've booked anyone yet or if they'd like a new quote.
- Booked: The client accepted your quote and you are booked for their event! Or, you marked this lead as booked.
- You are unavailable: You chose to decline this event. If you change your mind, you can still open the lead to send a message or quote.
- Event date passed: The event date has passed, so you can no longer quote or book this gig. However, you can open the lead and send a message if you want to follow up with the client about a possible future event.
- No longer available: The client has already booked someone or no longer wishes to receive communication regarding the event. No further action can be taken on these leads.
Messages cannot be deleted from your Inbox, but you can archive them so that they no longer appear in your All Messages list. To do this, check the box* on the right side of all the messages you wish to archive. Then, click Archive Messages at the top of the message list.
All of your archived messages can still be accessed by choosing Archived from the Inbox menu. They will also still appear with all other items in their appropriate folder. (For example, if you archive a lead from All Messages, it will no longer appear in that list, but it'll still be included with the complete list of leads found in the Gig Leads folder.)
Pro tip: Use the archive feature to better manage your Inbox. Archive the messages you are no longer working on or need to reference so that your All Messages will only include the leads you need to respond to or are waiting for a response on.
*The archive option is only available when logged in on a desktop computer. You cannot archive from the mobile site.
Folders & filters
All Messages is where you'll see all the newest activity in your Inbox, including all leads and booked gigs. But sometimes you might find it helpful to see these things separately and sort them in a different way. This is where the various folders & filters come in.
All gig leads you've ever received will appear in this folder. By default, they'll be sorted by Newest, but you can also choose to filter them by Upcoming Dates and Past Dates.
This folder is a great way to only look at the leads you've booked. By default, they'll be sorted by Newest, but you can also choose to filter them by Upcoming Dates and Past Dates.
New reviews will appear under All Messages along with new leads. You can access the full list to see and manage your reviews by choosing Reviews from the Inbox menu. All of your reviews will be sorted by most recent.
- Verified review: This review is visible on your PromoKit and has a "Verified Review" banner, meaning it's tied to a booking that happened through the GigSalad booking platform. Read more about verified reviews.
- Unverified review: This review is visible on your PromoKit, but the event was booked outside of GigSalad so it is unverified.
- Disputed review: This review is visible on your PromoKit, but you have disputed it. If your dispute is accepted, the review will be removed from your Inbox.
- Featured review: You chose this to be one of the three featured reviews on your PromoKit. This is only available for Featured members.
Clients will pay both the deposit and balance in one payment through GigSalad when they accept your quote and book you. GigSalad will then process their payment and send the deposit prior to the event and the balance after. The Payouts section of your Inbox will show a list of these payouts, sorted by month. On each booking, you'll see the payout amount and status (pending or sent) for both the deposit and the balance.