Collecting payments for gigs
When an event planner accepts your quote, they will make a full payment of both the deposit and balance in one transaction at the time of booking. We'll process the payment and send you the deposit in advance and the balance one business day after the event. This provides the event planner with a safe and secure way to book you for their event and guarantees you get paid all the funds that are owed to you.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Note: It's important to remember that once the client submits payment to GigSalad, you are booked. If the event occurs before you have received your deposit from GigSalad, you are still obligated to honor that booking and perform the event. If the client has already paid us, we can guarantee that you will receive both the deposit and the final balance.
This is the easiest and fastest option. Provide us with your banking information (account & routing numbers), and we'll send your money directly to your bank account.
Note: In April 2016, we switched payment processors to reduce the payout time. If you signed up for direct deposits prior to April 2016 and have not yet updated your payout info, be sure to do this so you can get paid faster!
In order to be paid via PayPal, you must have an account already established with PayPal. If you do, just provide us with the email address for your account and we'll send your money there.
Did you know? PayPal charges a small fee to collect payments for goods & services through their platform. However, GigSalad is footing the bill, so you will receive your full payment, without any additional PayPal fees!
With the introduction of the direct deposit option, we are no longer offering checks as a payout option. For the foreseeable future, we will honor this payout option if you already had it prior to the discontinuation. If you change over to direct deposit or PayPal, you will not be able to return to check payments.
Attention Canadian members:
Because GigSalad operates in the United States, there are a few limitations when it comes to paying our members in Canada. At this time, you will not be able to receive payouts via direct deposit. However, you will still be given the option to receive payments via check. You may also use PayPal, but unfortunately, we cannot process these in the same way we do for our U.S. members, so the additional PayPal fees will still apply. We are hard at work to overcome these limitations and will be sure to notify our Canadian users when these things change.
Payout time frames
We collect full payment from the client at the time of booking and will disperse that payment to you in two separate installments (deposit and balance). When you receive these payouts will be determined by both your cancellation policy and the payout method you've chosen.
If you offer a non-refundable deposit, we will send the money as soon as we've processed the payment.
- Direct deposit: The deposit will be in your bank account 2 business days after the client accepts your quote and makes a payment.
- PayPal: The deposit will be in your PayPal account 3-4 business days after the client accepts your quote and makes a payment. We have a small processing time for PayPal payments so that we can ensure the money successfully lands in our account before we send it to you.
- Check: The deposit will arrive in the mail 10-12 business days after the client accepts your quote and makes a payment. The time frame for this payout method is longer because it includes time for both processing and mail delivery. If you want to get your payments faster, we strongly recommend switching to direct deposit or PayPal.
If you offer a refundable deposit, we will hold this payment until the end of your cancellation window. For example, if you state in your cancellation policy that a client may cancel at least 14 days before the event and receive a refund of the deposit, we will not send your deposit until 13 days before the event.
- Direct deposit: The deposit will be in your bank account 1 business day after we've sent the payment.
- PayPal: The deposit will be in your PayPal account immediately after we've sent the payment.
- Check: The deposit may take up to 7-9 days to arrive in the mail, depending on the speed of the postal service.
Balance payments will be sent one full business day after the event is over. If your event takes place Sunday-Thursday after 5pm, payment won't be sent until two days after in order to give you or your client a chance to report any problems. (Example: Your event is on a Wednesday at 7pm. We will send the balance to you Friday morning.)
- Direct deposit: The balance will be in your bank account 1 business day after we've sent the payment.
- PayPal: The balance will be in your PayPal account immediately after we've sent the payment.
- Check: The balance may take up to 7-9 days to arrive in the mail, depending on the speed of the postal service.
Setting up your payout info
You must provide your payout info before you'll be able to send a quote through our booking platform. To choose your payout preference:
- Log in to your control panel and go to Account.
- Select Payout Info from the menu.
- Select a payout method and provide the required information.
- Click Update Payout Info.
If you've not added your payout info prior to sending your first quote, you'll be prompted to do so before you can proceed. If you are a free member, you must provide payout info before you can see your first lead. When you receive your first lead, you will see a prompt and be directed to the Payout Info page. Once you've added payout info, you won't be asked to provide it again. If you need to change your payout details or switch your payout option, you can do so at any time by going through the steps listed above.