Gig lead alerts & other email notifications
GigSalad uses email as our primary form of communication to alert you of new activity on your account and send you other important information.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Lead & booking alerts
These are the most important email notifications you'll receive. We'll send you an email when you get new leads, messages from your clients, and event & booking updates.
- Gig leads: For each new lead you get, you'll receive an email notification. The email itself will not have the details of the lead, so you'll need to click the button in the email to see the event information and respond to the client.
- Additional details: When an event planner submits a quote request, there are actually two points of completion. Once we collect all the basic, required information, the lead is submitted and your lead notification will be sent. Then, the event planner will have the option to provide additional information that's a bit more specific to their event and the service they are requesting. If they choose to complete this second part, and you have already opened the original lead notification, we will send you another email to tell you that the event planner has provided additional details.
- Lead reminders: If you do not read the initial lead notification within a certain time frame, you'll be sent reminder emails. We send a total of 4 reminders: 4 hours after the lead was received, 12 hours after, 24 hours after, and then 72 hours after. Once you click the link in the email to view the lead, you will not receive any further reminders. It's important to read leads as quickly as possible because event planners will often move on to a different option when they don't hear anything back. Also, not just reading but responding quickly to leads will help you earn Top Performer status.
Note: If you repeatedly leave leads unread for an extended amount of time, this may result in your profile being removed from the site.
- New messages: When an event planner sends you a message through the site, you'll receive an email that will include the message in it. You can click the button to open the thread and respond to the message there, or you can just reply to the email itself. When you reply to a message notification, it'll be sent back to the event planner just as if you had replied directly in the thread.
- Event updates: Sometimes, the details of an event may change. When this happens, the event planner will update the event through their account, and then you'll receive an email with the updated information. At that time, if you had already sent a quote it will be removed and you will need to send a new quote. We do this because changes in details can often change your price and/or availability.
- Quote read: When a client opens your quote, you'll receive an email notification letting you know that it's been viewed. We do this just so you can be informed of activity on your active quotes, and to also let you know that it might be a good time to follow up with that particular client. You can turn these notifications off at any time.
- Booking updates: Once you submit a quote, the event planner can choose to accept or decline it. Regardless of which they choose, you will be notified via email. If the event planner books you, the email notification will include confirmation of their payment and details of when you can expect to receive payment from GigSalad.
- Upcoming gigs: We will send you 2 notifications before your booked gigs. One a week before, and one a day before. We do this to help keep you on schedule and ensure you don't miss a scheduled gig!
- Payouts: Deposits are paid out prior to the booked event, and balance payments are paid out after. You'll receive emails each time a payment is sent to you.
You may also choose to sign up to receive text message alerts. This will send an SMS message to your phone when any of the above-mentioned activity takes place. Since GigSalad is 100% mobile-friendly, you can follow the link in the text to open the thread and communicate with the event planner right from your phone.
In addition to email & text notifications, you will see various activity alerts within your control panel. When you have unread leads or messages, there will be a dot on your profile photo thumbnail as well as a blue bar at the top of your Dashboard. We encourage you to log in to your control panel frequently to make sure you aren't missing any important notifications because sometimes emails and even texts may be missed.
We'll notify you via email when there are important things you need to know regarding your GigSalad membership.
- Join/purchase confirmations: When you sign up, change or renew your membership, or purchase an upgrade, we'll send you a confirmation email. These emails will serve as your receipt.
- Recurring payments: If you have a monthly or recurring membership, your payments will be automatically drafted from your credit card at the end of each paid membership term (unless you cancel). You will receive a notice of the upcoming charge two days before your renewal date. If you have a 3, 6, or 12-month recurring membership, you will receive an additional reminder 2 weeks before your charge date. You’ll also be notified every time a payment is processed.
- Failed payment: If we are unable to process your payment, we will send you an email with instructions on how to update your payment information to avoid a lapse in membership.
- Expired card: If your credit card is going to expire before your next charge date, we will send you a total of 3 emails (2 weeks before your charge date, 1 week before, and 2 days before) prompting you to update your payment information.
- Expiration notices: If you have turned off auto-renewal or canceled your subscription, your membership will expire at the end of your paid term. We will send you 4 reminders leading up to your expiration date (2 weeks before, 1 week before, the day before, and the day of) to remind you to log in and renew if you’d like to continue with a paid membership. If you choose not to renew, we’ll notify you on the day it expires.
- New reviews: When one of your clients submits feedback on your PromoKit, you'll receive an email to let you know.
We like to keep our members as up to date as possible when there are new features, updates, or announcements, but we try to keep it on a need-to-know basis so you don't have to worry about being bogged down with emails from us. We will always try to alert you when there is a major change made to the site or booking platform that will affect you. We also try to send monthly product updates covering both big and little changes.
At the beginning of each month, all members will receive a monthly booking report. This email will give you a snapshot of your lead and booking activity for the last 90 days and the year-to-date, and it'll prompt you to check your Top Performer status if you have at least one booking. In addition, we'll include a brief overview of any new features, announcements, or helpful tips for your business.
We will run various sales throughout the year, offering discounts to upgrade or add time to your membership. When these special offers take place, we will send 1 to 5 emails depending on the length of the promotion. We won't be able to tell you when specific sales will happen or how much the discount will be, so just keep an eye out for these emails.
Manage your notifications
You can change your notification preferences at any time through your account. You are required to receive important account alerts, as well as lead & booking alerts. But receiving GigSalad news, updates, special offers, and even client review alerts are all optional.
To change your preferences, contact email address, or sign up for text alerts: