Gig cancellations due to coronavirus
As the world continues to deal with concern over the COVID-19 outbreak, booking cancellations are beginning to increase. Even though these are special circumstances, GigSalad is not modifying our process on cancellations and will continue to uphold whatever cancellation policy you put into place per booking. We want to ensure we are supporting our members but also encourage you to communicate with your clients to reach a solution that works for all involved.
When dealing with a client cancellation, you have three options:
- Adhere to your original cancellation policy with full support from the GigSalad team.
- Return all or part of the deposit and balance, based on what you and your client agree to.
- Keep the deposit and/or balance and work with the client on a future event date.
If you do wish to make an exception to your cancellation policy for any reason, we can help facilitate the refund to your client.
How to handle refunds
If you wish to return a deposit or balance to a client that is listed as "non-refundable" in your booking agreement, please post a message to your client in the messaging threads stating what amount you agree to refund.
Next, contact our Customer Happiness Team to let us know that you'd like to issue a refund. You will be required to return those funds to us and that can be done in one of two ways:
1. PayPal: Please remit payment to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your act name and booking number.
2. Credit or debit card: Our Customer Happiness Team can process these payments by phone at 417-889-9909. We are available Monday-Friday, from 8am to 5pm Central time.
Since GigSalad handled the initial exchange of funds, we prefer to process the refunds through our system and ask that you don't refund the clients directly. The refund will be issued based on their original form of payment.
If you must cancel...
In the event that you are unable to honor your booking agreement and need to cancel your service, we will handle that cancellation as we would any other.
Anytime you cancel a gig, you must return any deposit that has been disbursed and cover all associated service fees. This way we can issue a full refund to your client. Learn more about vendor cancellations.
We want to encourage you to stay positive during this time, and we are hopeful that leads, quote requests, and bookings will return to normal in the coming weeks. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.