Adding GigSalad bookings to an external calendar
If you'd like to have your GigSalad bookings automatically added to a different calendar you use outside of GigSalad, you can link the calendars using an iCal feed as outlined below.
Activate calendar feed
First, you must activate your calendar feed in order to get a unique URL that you'll use to integrate your GigSalad calendar with an external calendar.
To get your calendar feed URL:
Log in to your control panel and go to your Calendar.
- Choose Export GigSalad Bookings from the menu.
- Click Turn On Calendar Feed.
Your GigSalad calendar feed will now be active, and the calendar feed URL will be displayed. To disable the feed, click Turn Off Calendar Feed from this same page.
Set your time zone
After the calendar feed is turned on, you can designate your time zone to make sure your external calendar shows the correct event time for you. We do our best to default to the most-likely time zone based on the primary location of your profile. If it's incorrect, just choose the right one from the dropdown and click Set Time Zone.
Add calendar feed to an external calendar
Once your iCal feed is activated, you'll copy the URL provided and add it to your personal calendar. Below you will find instructions for the three most common external calendars: Google Calendar, Apple iCloud Calendar, and Microsoft Outlook.
To add an iCal feed to a Google calendar:
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- On the left, next to "Other calendars," click the + sign and then From URL.
- Enter the calendar's address (the iCal URL from GigSalad) in the field provided.
- Click Add calendar.
The calendar will appear on the left under "Other calendars."
Note: It might take up to 12 hours for new bookings to show in your Google Calendar.
Apple iCloud Calendar
To add an iCal feed to an Apple iCloud calendar:
- In Calendar, choose File > New Calendar Subscription.
- Enter the calendar’s web address (the iCal URL), then click Subscribe.
- Enter a name for the calendar and choose a color to help you identify synced entries.
- Choose iCloud from the Location menu, then click OK.
Note: If you are not seeing the new calendar subscription, check that your iOS device and Mac are signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID, or view the troubleshooting tips here.
To add an iCal feed to a Microsoft Outlook calendar:
- Sign in to Outlook.com.
- At the bottom of the page, click on the calendar icon.
- In the navigation pane, select Import calendar.
Under Import calendar, select
- Under Link to the calendar, paste the URL for the linked calendar.
- Under Calendar name, type the name you want to use for the calendar.
- Click Import.
If you have a different external calendar you want to use, you'll need to find out if they support iCal feeds. Search their help documentation or contact their customer service team for specific instructions.