How to instantly book a vendor
Instant Booking is only available for some services in certain locations, usually larger cities.
There are many ways to find and book vendors on GigSalad. You can browse profiles and choose vendors yourself, or you can do a quick quote and we'll send your request to multiple vendors. In both scenarios, the vendors will send you a message or quote and you'll communicate back and forth until you're ready to choose someone and proceed with your booking.
But we also have a third option called Instant Booking. This is only available where we have enough data and supply to provide it, generally large cities and our most popular services. With this feature, you will provide your event details, get an instant quote, and book your event all in one step allowing us to choose the vendor for you.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
How it works
At this time, Instant Booking is only available for Face Painters, Balloon Twisters, Caricaturists, Clowns, Jugglers, Magicians, Photo Booths, Santa Claus, and Stilt Walkers in certain locations, but we'll slowly roll it out for more categories and locations in the future.
- If Instant Booking is available for the category and location you are requesting, the option will be presented within the quote request form. This form is found at the top of the search result pages. Once you begin filling in your event details, you may be provided with the option to instantly book rather than complete the standard quote request process.
- The Instant Booking price will be calculated and displayed when the option is presented. Our prices are based on average costs for that service in the chosen city, which we've determined using data from our existing users. The primary factor that affects the total price is the amount of time the vendor will be needed.
- The last step is to provide your credit card information to lock in a vendor at the quoted price. From there, GigSalad does the rest! We'll find a 5-star performer who's available and interested in your event. Once they've accepted the request, your credit card will be charged for the quoted price.
Instant Booking payment
In order to instantly book a vendor for the quoted price, you must provide your credit card information. However, your card will not be charged at that time! Instead, a temporary authorization for the agreed amount will be placed on your card until we find a vendor to fulfill your request. Once a vendor accepts the booking, we will remove the authorization and charge the card for the total amount.
From your total payment, GigSalad deducts a small service fee, and the remainder is sent to the vendor in two installments (a 50% deposit payment sent right away and the balance sent 1 business day after the event).
Cancellation policy & refunds
Once a vendor has accepted an Instant Booking, they will receive a 50% deposit to secure their services. This deposit is non-refundable to reserve your date on their calendar. If you must cancel an Instant Booking, you will forfeit the 50% deposit as well as the GigSalad service fee. The remaining balance is refundable, so if you cancel, those funds will be returned to your credit card. The process for canceling an Instant Booking is the same as it is for any other booking, which you can find here.
Of course, if the vendor cancels or does not show up at the event, you will receive a full refund of all money paid. That's our Worry-Free Guarantee!
Frequently asked questions:
- What happens if there are no vendors available for my Instant Booking?
In the unlikely event that we can't find a vendor to fulfill your request, the Instant Booking will be canceled and your card will not be charged. We'll notify you if this happens so you can explore alternative options for finding and booking a vendor for your event. Just because an Instant Booking didn't work, that doesn't mean you can't find someone to book on GigSalad. We encourage you to search the site and browse profiles to contact vendors directly, or request custom quotes from vendors in your area to book the traditional way.
- What if I don't like the vendor that is chosen for my Instant Booking?
Because we are only sending your request to the best of the best, we're confident that whatever performer is chosen for your event will meet your needs. However, if you do not wish to proceed with the booking, please contact us right away so we can discuss your options.