How to instantly book a vendor
Instant Booking is currently in the testing phase and is only available to some users looking for Face Painters in applicable locations.
There are many ways to find and book vendors on GigSalad. You can browse profiles and choose vendors to request quotes from or you can request quotes from multiple vendors at once, letting GigSalad send your request for you. Now we are also testing a third option called Instant Booking! With this feature, you will provide your event details, get an instant quote, and book your event all in one step.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
How it works
This new feature is still in the testing phase, so only a select number of categories and locations will be available for Instant Booking to start. At this time, it is only available for Face Painters in a limited number of locations, but we'll slowly roll it out for more categories and locations in the future.
- If Instant Booking is available for the category and location you are searching, you'll see an instant booking prompt at the top of the page. For example, above the results for Face Painters in Los Angeles, you may see a headline that says "Book a Los Angeles Face Painter instantly!" You'd then click Book a Face Painter Now to start the Instant Booking process.
- As you fill in your event details, the Instant Booking price will be calculated and displayed on the top right side of the form. Our prices are based on average costs for that service in the chosen city, which we've determined using data from our existing users. The primary factor that affects the total price is the amount of time the vendor will be needed.
- The last step is to provide credit card information to lock in a vendor at the quoted price. From there, GigSalad does the rest! We'll find a 5-star performer who's available and interested in your event. Once they've accepted the request, your credit card will be charged for the quoted price.
Instant Booking payment
In order to instantly book a vendor for the quoted price, you must provide your credit card information. However, your card will not be charged at that time! Instead, a temporary authorization for the agreed amount will be placed on your card until we find a vendor to fulfill your request. Once a vendor accepts the booking, we will remove the authorization and charge the card for the total amount.
From your total payment, GigSalad deducts a small service fee, and the remainder is sent to the vendor in two installments (a 50% deposit payment sent right away and the balance sent 1 business day after the event).
Cancellation policy & refunds
Once a vendor has accepted an Instant Booking, they will receive a 50% deposit to secure their services. This deposit is non-refundable to account for the gig opportunities they may have turned down for your event date. If you must cancel an Instant Booking, you will forfeit the 50% deposit as well as the GigSalad service fee. The remaining balance is refundable, so if you cancel, those funds will be returned to your credit card. The process for canceling an Instant Booking is the same as it is for any other booking, which you can find here.
Of course, if the vendor cancels or does not show up at the event, you will receive a full refund of all money paid. That's our Worry-Free Guarantee!
Frequently asked questions:
- What happens if there are no vendors available for Instant Booking?
In the unlikely event that we can't find a vendor to fulfill your request, the Instant Booking will be canceled and your card will not be charged. We'll notify you if this happens so you can explore alternative options for finding and booking a vendor for your event. Just because Instant Booking didn't work, that doesn't mean you can't find someone to book on GigSalad. We encourage you to search the site and browse profiles to contact vendors directly, or request custom quotes from vendors in your area to book the traditional way.
- What if I don't like the vendor that is chosen for my Instant Booking?
Because we are only sending your request to the best of the best, we're confident that whatever performer is chosen for your event will meet your needs. However, if you do not wish to proceed with the booking, please contact us right away so we can discuss your options.