How to change your profile photo
Your profile photo is the first thing potential clients will see and likely the primary influence in deciding to click through and look at your profile. You should choose a high-quality image that is both visually appealing and accurately shows what you offer.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
To add a profile photo or make changes to your current photo, log in to your control panel and go to Edit PromoKit. From there, click Edit beside Profile photo. Or, you can click on your profile photo from your Dashboard and jump directly to the correct page.
Upload a new profile photo
All profile photos on GigSalad are oriented with a 1:1 ratio, so if your photo is not already square, it'll be cropped accordingly and you can edit the crop if needed after it's uploaded. The photo must be a minimum of 480x480 pixels and the file size cannot exceed 8MB. Jpg, gif, and png file formats are all accepted.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File.
- Find the correct photo on your computer, and click Open.
- You must own all the rights to any image you upload to your PromoKit. Check the box if this is true.
- Click Upload.
Note: If your profile photo is deemed inappropriate, violates any of our policies (such as containing contact info), is too low quality, or doesn't match the services you provide, we may replace it with an image from your photo gallery or remove it completely. If this happens, you'll be notified and asked to upload a new photo.
Edit your profile photo
- Rotate - Use the Rotate Left and Rotate Right buttons to correct the orientation of the photo.
- Crop - To change the area of the photo you want to show, click Crop. Use your mouse to click and drag to make a square around the portion of the photo you wish to use. You can click and drag as much as necessary with that square outline until you get it just right. Once you're happy with it, click Save Cropped Image.
Replace your profile photo
If you already have an image uploaded to your photo gallery that you want to use as your profile photo, you don't need to re-upload it. Instead, follow the steps below to choose an image from your gallery.
- Go to your Photos.
- Locate the image in your Photo Gallery that you want to use.
- Click the pencil icon in the top left corner of the photo.
Make Profile Photo.
If the image you choose is not already square, it will automatically be cropped to the correct size. You can adjust the crop if needed using the instructions in the edit section above.
All PromoKits must have a profile photo, so you cannot delete the image entirely. You must replace it with a new image. If you do not have a new image and you must delete the photo, please contact us so we can discuss your options.