Signing up for GigSalad
Signing up on GigSalad is quick, easy, and completely free! Joining GigSalad is the best way to increase your exposure and book more gigs. So what are you waiting for?
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Create a free account
To get started, visit the Sign Up page and choose the Start Getting Gigs option. You'll be asked to choose a method for signing up. You can set up your account through Facebook, which will then link your GigSalad account to your Facebook account. This will make it easier to log in in the future. Or, you can choose the traditional route and provide an email address and create a password.
Note: We require email verification to complete your free account so make sure you have access to the email address you use to sign up. If you use Facebook to join, make sure your Facebook account isn't still linked to an old college email address you can't use anymore. If that's the case, either update your Facebook account or sign up with email instead.
Next, you'll walk through a step-by-step process to start creating your PromoKit and finish setting up your account.
- Name: Your first and last name are collected for internal use only. They will not be displayed on your PromoKit or given to clients unless you choose to provide that information.
- Category: Your category determines how you are found by event planners browsing the site. We have over 550 categories on our site, so they are broken down into bigger, parent categories to make them easier to browse. Choose the most applicable general category for your act or service, and then find the specific category you want. This will be your main category, which means it will be displayed at the top of your PromoKit and will play a bigger role in your placement in search results. Once your account is created, you'll be able to change this category and even add more secondary categories.
- Act or service name: This will be the title of your PromoKit, which will be used in all communication and final booking agreements with clients. It should be short and accurately describe your act or business. You will not be able to change this once you've completed your account, without contacting us. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing your act or service name.
- Location: Your location can be the actual city you live in or a larger city close by if you want to be more prominent in that market. You can change this at any time. This is what determines where you appear in search results, so choose wisely.
- Profile photo: The profile photo is the most prominent thing event planners see when browsing the site, so we require that you upload an image before you can complete the join process. Choose a high-quality image that works in both square and circle format (you'll be able to crop the portion of the photo you wish to use). Your profile photo cannot include text, contact info, or web links.
- Phone number: You must provide (and maintain) a working phone number on your account. This information isn't displayed on your PromoKit, but it will be provided to your clients after they've booked you for their event. And GigSalad may use it to reach out to you when needed.
- Choose membership: To finish creating your account, click Choose Plan at the bottom of the Free column. (Want more features & exposure? Choose a paid membership.)
- Email verification: All free members must verify their email address in order to complete their registration. Check your email, click the link provided there, and you're all set! (Didn't get the email? Contact us.)
Once you've finished creating your account and verify your email, your PromoKit will be active on the site. You're not done yet, though! The signup process only collected the most basic information for your profile, so there is still more you can do. Spend some time going through the Edit PromoKit section of your control panel and add all information that's relevant to your act. It's especially important to add photos and video showing off what you can do! The more thorough your profile is, the more professional you'll look to potential clients.
Free memberships are a great way to get familiar with GigSalad without any cost or commitment. However, they have limited capabilities and less exposure. If you want to get more out of your listing, you may want to consider choosing a paid membership when joining. (Or, start out with free and upgrade later!) Paid members pay smaller booking fees, have more booking flexibility, and they get priority in search results within a certain radius of their location. At the end of the join process, you'll have a chance to review all the different features offered for each level of membership so you can make your selection. If you'd like to review them all now, you can do so here.
We have two paid membership levels:
Pro: $29.99 a month / $149 for 6 months / $249 for 1 year
Featured: $39.99 a month / $199 for 6 months / $299 for 1 year
You can pay for your membership one of two ways:
Monthly: You can purchase a monthly membership that will take an automatic payment from your credit card each month. There is no contract involved and you may cancel at any time.
Prepay: You can prepay for 6 months or 1 year. There is no automatic payment or renewal after your membership term expires. If you decide to continue at the end of your paid term, you will log in and follow a renewal process, providing new payment information.
While the monthly membership offers you the flexibility of canceling when you want to, prepaying will save you money. Not sure you wanna drop a chunk of change from the get-go? We understand. You could also start with a monthly membership and switch to prepaid after a month or two once you know you want to continue with a paid membership.
All memberships are purchased using a credit or debit card through the secure payment form provided on the site.
If you do not have a credit card, but would like to purchase a membership, we can also accept PayPal, checks, money orders, and cashier's checks. However, you can only use an alternative method if you prepay for 6 months or 1 year of membership. Because monthly memberships are subscription based, they must be set up with a credit card.
To use an alternative payment method: Go ahead and join, but choose the Free membership option in order to complete your registration. Then, once we receive your payment, we will upgrade your account for you.
To pay by PayPal, send your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. All other types of payment should be sent by mail to the address below. Be sure to include a note specifying the email address associated with your account and the membership you wish to purchase with your payment.
2733 E. Battlefield Rd. #105
Springfield, MO 65804
Frequently asked questions:
- Can I have more than one profile?
Each user/company/act can only have 1 free listing at any given time, however, you can purchase as many paid listings as you'd like. If you provide a variety of services and you'd rather advertise them separately, multiple PromoKits is a great idea. Get started by completing your first one, and then once you're done you can go to your Account and create a new PromoKit from there. Learn more about multiple PromoKits.
Don't have multiple services to advertise but still want more exposure? You could purchase additional locations to duplicate your listing in other cities. You can learn more about multiple locations here.
- Are there any fees for responding to leads and/or booking gigs?
Responding to leads is completely free! We encourage you to respond to every lead, whether it's with a message, quote, or simply to decline the event.
We do have a small fee that is charged when (and only when) a gig is officially booked. Learn more about service fees.
- Can I get a refund if I no longer wish to use GigSalad?
If you purchased a prepaid membership, that sale is final and no refunds will be issued. However, if you are not able to accept leads or book gigs temporarily, contact us and we can freeze your account so that you can resume your membership at a later date and use your remaining time then. If you are not sure if you can commit to a full 6 months or 1 year of membership, we recommend choosing the monthly membership option. Monthly memberships can be canceled at any time, but no refunds will be given for months already paid for and used.